Sunday, 6 May 2012

English Garden


When I wear this dress I feel like I should be wearing a big hat and sipping tea in a garden somewhere in England.


I love the colour and print of this dress. It's so appropriate for spring! 


Suede shoes! These are probably one of the most comfortable high heels that I own that are over three inches tall. The thicker heel and platforms make these shoes a lot easier to walk in.
I'm such an awkward high heel walker so I will take all the help that I can get!


I’m not particularly a girly girl kind of dresser. I prefer pants to skirts, loose to tight, long to short and runners to heels. Consequently, I felt a lot better paring this ultra girly dress with my leather jacket.


In my opinion, there are three types of jackets that will never go out of style; 
leather jackets, trench coats and pea coats. 


To be honest, this jacket cost a little more than I would generally spend. I eventually decided to buy it when it went on sale since I thought it would make a good investment piece over the long haul. If the quality is there, and you maintain it well, I think some items are well worth the extra dollar.

When investing in leather, I recommend purchasing your item in a size smaller since leather stretches quite a bit. I would also recommend protecting the leather with a leather protecting spray to prevent water damage.



I hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather this weekend. I would love to hear from you so please don't forget to comment and rate below!  

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Necklace: Stella and Dot - $70, Jacket: Danier Leather- $230, Dress: Zara- $60, Heels: Nine West - $20.

Photo credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto


4 comments:

K Kung said...

emi this outfit is so cute and your makeup looks impeccably fresh!

budgetbrunettes said...

thanks kotie! emma did my make-up :)

Emma said...

This was my favorite to shoot to date. That transparent fabric and that sun, together, were perfection.

budgetbrunettes said...

yay! go us!