Thursday, 3 May 2012

Everything’s Coming Up Roses



Since I lack all knowledge on beauty products, Emma has agreed to share more of her beauty her secrets, 
here is her latest tip... - Emi

Hello again everyone! I’m glad to be back. This time I want to let you all know about my favourite toner in the world – Thayers Alcohol-free Toner in Rose Petal Witch Hazel.

While working at a health food store a woman purchasing the toner handed me her senior citizens discount card. I gave her a sceptical look and thought, “c’mon lady, give me a break” – there were hardly any lines on her face! After proving to me that she was, in fact, 72 years old (eagerly whipping out her drivers license), I just had to know....?? HOW??

She credited her success all to Thayers Rose toner. I grabbed a bottle for myself that day and I have been using it twice daily now for about 5 years.  Since I’m still in my 20s I’m not too worried about wrinkles yet but I do love that it makes my skin soft, makes my makeup go on smoother, and is a natural product perfect for my sensitive skin. The price is great so if you try it out let me know what you think. Enjoy!  

355ml (12 fl. Oz.) $9.95 - $11.50. 


Tip: if you use it directly out of a spray bottle instead of using a cotton pad, 
the bottle goes a very long way

Available at most health food stores including Whole Foods. Other scents are available. 

Here are the main ingredients and why they are good for your skin:

Witch Hazel – natural astringent cleans and tightens pores, decreases inflammation, treats acne
Rose flower Extract – helps tightens pores and prevent wrinkles, cleanses pores
Aloe Vera – treats minor skin injuries, heals sun damage, maintains skin pH, natural exfolient 
Vitamin E – antioxidant, protects and repairs skin



Guest Post: Emma Kapetanovic

4 comments:

Emma said...

Hey Everyone! Here is a convo I recently had on FB I thought might be helpful if you're looking for the product:

Q: "Where do you get the Thayers?"

A: "I've gotten it from a few different health food stores - as long as they have a skin care section, its been in stock. I haven't looked for it in the downtown Toronto area but S&H Health Foods (Dufferin Mall- 416-530-4754) should carry it, Whole Foods (Yorkville - 416-944-0500) should have it and I've even seen it in the Organic/Health Food section of Superstore/Loblaws stores. Also, most health food stores will order a product for their shelves if a costumer specifically requests it so if all else fails you could ask the cashier to order it. I hope that helps!"

Emma said...

**If you find it at a specific store please let us know. Reply here and share the wealth :)

Anonymous said...

Essence of Life in Kensington Market, Big Carrot @ Danforth also carry a wide range of natural products

lexi said...

how cool! sounds like this product actually works, i'll look for it