Friday, 20 July 2012

Wake-up for Make-up


MAC Travel Brushes (came with two make up bags)  $35.00

Last month a close friend kindly invited me to an Estée Lauder Companies warehouse sale. It is an industry run sale that is “invite only” so if you are fortunate enough to know someone who works in the beauty or fashion industry, it is definitely worth begging politely asking them to take you along – there are great bargains to be found!

MAC In the Abstract Highlighter  $15.00

At 8:45am on a Saturday morning, after a 45 minute drive to the middle of nowhere, we arrived at a farm building (you read that right, farm) to find that a long line of coffee bearing women had already formed outside, all jittering with excitement (or caffeine) to start their shopping.
EL Double Wear Creme Shadow in Buttercreme, $10.00

Luckily the line moved fast and I quickly embarked on my shopping adventure! Estée Lauder owns brands such as M.A.C., Origins, Clinique, Ojon, Bobbi Brown and a plethora of others.


MAC Solar Riche Bronzing Powder, $15.00

Amongst my favourite purchases was this Bobbi Brown concealer. It is one of the best concealers I have tried for dark circles because it is super creamy but doesn't settle into fine lines. The powder in the bottom compartment is lightweight so it's great as a setting powder for this delicate area. Plus, don't you just love the little puff!?
Bobbi Brown Concealer in Beige, $12.00

Below is my favourite lip combo for the summer. The colours are saturated without being overpowering and compliment summery bronzed skin beautifully. The lipstick has a lovely satin finish and looks great alone or vamped up with this shiny (yet un-sticky) gloss.

Estée Lauder Lipstick in Melon, M.A.C. Creme Sheen Glass in Richer Lusher, $10.00 each

In total I spent $247 on 19 items. Although that may seem excessive for one shopping spree, I saved 64% of the total retail value by purchasing these cosmetics and acessories at a warehouse sale.


Since these are are high quality products (and therefore very pigmented), I expect I will not need to go make-up shopping for at least six months (longer for some items). A little goes a long way and I find I haven't even made a dent in my supply even though I use these products daily. If you would like me to do a review on any of the mentioned products please leave a note in the comments. 
Thanks for following and Happy Shopping!

Guest Post: Emma Kapetanovic

No comments: