Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Summer Wish List


In order to curtail my spending, I created a “wish list” a while back of items that I have been longing for. I’m hoping that I will stick to it and reduce the amount of impulse buys that I have been making lately. This is an outfit showcasing three out of five items that I have recently purchased from my "wish list".


Found and Purchased:

Black wayfarer sunglasses – I would totally buy the real deal (Ray Bans) but here is the problem, sunglasses never last beyond a year with me. I’ve had them stolen, lost, broken and melted...yes, that really happened. I also have this bad habit of tossing them in my purse and as a result, they become scratched quite quickly. Consequently, buying cheap $10 pairs is a better investment than spending $$$! Since my last wayfarer style sunglasses melted because they were left by the radiator, I was in desperate need of a new pair. Luckily, I found these at Urban Outfitters.


Chambray top – I’m not a fan of jean jackets but I love chambray tops. Don’t ask me why - I won’t be able to explain it. Since the beginning of the summer, I have been looking for something that is quite fitted, of good quality and very light in colour. Geez, I’m so demanding! Surprisingly I found one at Zara that met all of my criteria. I know that I’m going to get a lot of wear out of this. It’s a tomboyish alternative to the oversized cardigans I tend to normally wear.


Clutches – After starting this blog, I started to notice that I was seriously lacking in the clutch department. The only clutches I had were vintage pieces from my mother. Since then, I’ve collected a ton more, mostly from my local thrift store and also some from retail stores. I grabbed this clutch from BCBG because I knew it was unique enough that I likely wouldn't find it anywhere else. Marked down from $166, it was a steal.



Still Searching:

Maxi dress – I’m on the hunt for one in black or colbalt blue. At first, I thought this style of dress was not flattering on us petite folk, but now I think it elongates us because it creates a stream-lined effect. Also, I like how these dresses are super comfortable and effortlessly chic. I know that sheer maxi’s are really ‘in’ this season, but I would prefer it in an opaque fabric.



Gladiator flats – I’ve wanted these since they first appeared on the market. Although there are tons out there, the problem that I am having is that since I’m petite I don’t like shoes to cut off at my ankles, especially when it comes to flats since this makes my legs look shorter. If I can find a pair that meet this criteria I will pick them up pronto.


So that’s pretty much it. If anyone knows where I can find the type of maxi dress and/or gladiator flats that I’m looking for at an affordable price, please let me know by commenting below.  

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Chambray Shirt: Zara - $60, Skirt: H&M - $30, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters - $10, Clutch: BCBG - $40, Heels: Steve Madden - $25, Ring: BCBG - $7, Bracelets: H&M - $2 each, Joe Fresh - $7.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown

2 comments:

Marissa P said...

Adore the clutch! What would a girl do without a clutch?!!

Yolande Smith said...

Gladiator shoes will never go out of style in my mind:) Keep up the good work! Love the new posts!