Friday, 21 September 2012

Checkered Pink



This looks gives me good vibrations. I was attempting to go for a quirky school look ensemble but then the result came out more like a cross between Ellen DeGeneres and Miami Vice…I still like it. 


Now that it has been 6 months since the creation of budget brunettes, I thought I would start to talk more openly about my life (and this has nothing to do with the fact that I have exhausted all fashion related topics and can’t think of anything else to say). 


Since the temperature has begun to drop, it seems like everyone around me either WAS sick, IS sick or feels like they are GETTING sick. In order to avoid these vessels of infection, I have been staying away from closed quarters and religiously washing my hands.


I know my eventually fate - I will catch a cold. But, by the luck of the draw, it will start Friday night and be gone by Monday morning. A weekend wasted and back to work, contaminating others as they had contaminated me.


The only good news accompanying the recent temperate drop is that I have an excuse to put on more layers. I've been wearing a lot of layers on top but sticking with shorts on bottom. During this time of the year,  there is always such a drastic change in temperature between morning and evening that I like to be prepared for both options. In general I find that as long as my upper body is warm I don't have to worry about covering up the bottom half. 


Although it is way too early to pull out the gloves, I think I will have to start wearing them as a fashion guise to protect myself from germs. I have a busy couple of weeks ahead and can't afford wasting any days in bed. Good luck to you during this cold season!


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Blazer: H&M - $35, Shirt: H&M - $15, Shorts: Garage - $15, Shoes: Cole Haan - $48, Bracelet: H&M - $7, Watch: Thrift - $9.

Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic



2 comments:

Clara Turbay said...

Nice look. love it.

Vivian said...

Spot on with the description of Miami Vice + Ellen DeGeneres. You'd THINK that'd be an awful look, but I really like it!