Thursday, 13 September 2012

Red Suspenders


Given that it’s the season of argyle, plaid, and cable-knit cardigans, I thought I would get into the spirit and dress geek-chic for today’s look. Inspiration? A middle school boy attending an all-boys boarding school. Are you really surprised? Let's leave the "sexy school girl" and the "naughty librarian" looks for Halloween.


 In order to give a little pop of colour to this otherwise neutral ensemble, I decided to pull out the big guns…my brother’s old red suspenders from when he was a child. Ahh…the benefits of being a daughter of a woman who never throws anything away... Gems like this are always around hidden in the basement.



I incorporated my chambray top as a little twist to replace the predictable white button-down shirt. I’ve been finding that this has been such a versatile addition to my wardrobe. Perhaps I should do a post on how to style chambray. What do you guys think? Comment below if you would like to see the aftermentioned post!
 
 

Sunglasses in the library? I know, but I needed a cool factor to balance the ultra-nerdy ensemble. Plus, it’s always sunny in Douche-ville!
 

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Blazer: Nautica - $65, Chambray: Zara - $60, Shorts: H&M - $25, Loafers: Cole Haan - $48, Suspenders: Vintage – Brother’s, Bag - Aldo - $35, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters - $10.

Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic

No comments: