Tuesday, 2 October 2012

Geometric Genius


As you can tell, I was feeling very retro inspired this morning so I thought I would embrace the vibe and go "Twiggy" head to toe. Given this dress is the highlight and source of inspiration for today's ensemble, I wanted to take this opportunity to showcase its designer and one of my favourite Canadian brands, Joe Fresh. 


My relationship with Joe was not exactly love at first sight. When the brand first launched in grocery stores, I wasn’t exactly thrilled by the idea of shopping for clothing and food at the same time.  You have to admit, there is something odd about shopping for dresses and ground beef.


After many years tormenting my friends who shopped the line, I became somewhat interested when a friend of mine surprised me by wearing a Joe Fresh dress that was both classic and chic – words I would never have associated with a grocery store brand. 


After a slow start, my dislike turned into like, which quickly turned into love, which now can be described as a full blown obsession. There is never a time that I am at Superstore for a late night M&M craving that I don’t make a straight beeline to the Joe Fresh section and quickly scan the racks for hidden gems.


Joe Fresh has come a long way since opening their line in Loblaws locations. They now sell their merchandise in stand-alone stores all over the country and recently opened their international flagship store on Fifth Ave, Manhattan. Not too shabby for a home grown Canadian boy eh?


Today I’m wearing one of my most recent pieces from the line, a black and white geometric patterned dress - an item that I patiently waited to purchase until it was moved to the sale rack. Knowing the target market of the brand helps predict which items will be left over at marked down prices. 


When I saw this dress early spring, I had a feeling that the bubble shape of this dress wouldn’t have mass market appeal amongst the middle aged mothers that I normally see shopping the brand. I decided to wait until the end of the summer to pick it up when I was happily surprised when I came upon it in the clearance section, marked down to $10. 


Joe Fresh sizes have become noticeably more fitted and showcase a lot of trends that has been seen on the latest fall runways, therefore my next prediction is that I will see a lot more younger women shopping this very affordable line. So what do you think, will I be two for two?


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Dress: Joe Fresh - $10, Bag: Aldo - $35, Sunglasses: H&M: $13, Heels: Forever 21 - $32.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Toronto



2 comments:

TheBlackSheepAgenda said...

This is one of my favorite posts from you guys - Love how the pictures came out and those shoes!

Anonymous said...

Love the dress! I am also a huge fan of Joe Fresh.
Keep the posts coming!