Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Pumpkin Patch Kid


Now that Halloween is only one week away, I thought it was only appropriate to visit the local pumpkin patch and take some shots in the spirit of this marvellous holiday.


Turns out, Emma and I were the only adults without kids there. We were also the only ones doing a photo shoot that didn’t involve a toddler and a pumpkin. Awkward…but let’s be honest, we’re pretty much the only ones doing a photo shoot anywhere we go.


For this adventure, I decide to wear this knit dress because it's super cozy and warm. I didn’t want to expose my bear legs to the cold since it's getting a little chilly so I decided to pull out some maroon tights (a spin on this season’s ox-blood “it” colour) from my mom’s closet. 


While rummaging through her stuff I actually I found two pairs of tights that I liked - the maroon pair pictured and a bright cobalt blue. I found out that she actually wore them to work in the 80’s, isn’t that crazy?? And even crazier, no run in the tights!


After our shoot the pumpkin festivities continued at home as I ate pumpkin seeds while carving my pumpkin and singing pumpkin songs...okay that last part didn't really happen. I don't know any pumpkin songs and I'm pretty sure there are none in actual existence.


But, I did end up carving Jack from “A Nightmare before Christmas”. It happens to be one of my favourite Halloween movies. Truth be told? I’ve got some mad pumpkin carving skills (bragging!). I only wish I had bought a couple more to showcase my very useful talent… 


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Jacket: Zara - $40, Dress: $90, Headband: Claires - $4, Tights: Mom’s Vintage, Boots: Steve Madden - $77.

Location: Hometown
Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic




7 comments:

Lucie Srbová said...

Very pretty outfit! You look so cute:)

ROXTHEFOX said...

Aww these pics are so cute. would you like to follow each other?

WWW.ROXTHEFOX.COM

budgetbrunettes said...

Thanks Lucie!

budgetbrunettes said...

I just followed you - great blog! Thanks for the support :)

Shandrese/ Natalia said...

lovely sweater dress!

http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/
Enter Our MAC & NYX Makeup Giveaway

Floortje said...

Really love your blog dear!
Keep posting, you do it great!

XO

Gray Cat said...

:)