Thursday, 27 December 2012

Silver Snowflake


Merry Christmas! I realize I’m 2 days late, but I got caught up in all of the Christmas festivities and I completely forgot to post. Yikes! My apologies.


For today’s post I thought I would dress up in my most Christmasy of Christmas day outfits. I actually borrowed this sweater from Emma and decided to pair it with some white tights converting this long sweater into a sweater dress.  


Tuesday was Christmas day so I made Christmas dinner for my family and friends, a ritual that Emma has been a part of for close to 14 years now.  
 

Every year is the same routine, I slave away in the kitchen in my pajamas and refuse to change into anything else for dinner. Emma of course insists that I put on something more appropriate. At some point there is a verbal battle, which becomes a physical struggle which inevitably ends up with me changing into some kind of stretchy pant or dress that allows me to comfortably consume copious amounts of delicious food.


On the day of the shoot, we happened to stumble upon Santa so obviously I used this as a photo-op. I’m pretty sure he thought I was 12 years old and Emma was my stage mom as she insisted on taking a ton of photos from multiple angles. 
 
  

Santa insisted that I take a seat in his lap and that I walk away with a candy cane (no argument there... I’m always happy to accept candy). But now that I think of it, it’s kind of a weird concept. Essentially, kids sit in a strangers lap and chat for 5 minutes in exchange for candy. Isn’t that exactly what our mothers have been teaching us NOT to do for years?


I hope everyone had a great holiday and Santa brought you everything you wished for.

Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Sweater: French Connection - $20, Tights: Superstore - $1.80, Sunglasses: H&M - $13, Flats: Zara - $20, Jacket: Zara - $120, Necklace: Zara - $25.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown

No comments: