Tuesday, 22 January 2013

A Pop of Red


For today's post, we thought that we would take advantage of the fact that there are still a few Christmas trees kicking around and use them as a backdrop for this amazing red winter coat. 


Before I start, I would like to apologize to our readers for being MIA recently. I won’t bore you with the details but I just started my MBA program in January and there isn’t enough time in the day to do everything. 


The good news is that I should be more consistent going forward so lets pretend that the Budget Brunettes new years resolutions start today, ok? Ok! Now lets move on to the fun stuff.


Today’s look was inspired by Carrie Bradshaw from the opening scene of the Sex and the City movie, but with a winter twist. This bright red jacket brings a little more colour into this ensemble. I tend to naturally gravitate towards monochromatic looks so this was evidence of Emma injecting her style into the outfit.


I really love the combination of the feminine floral pattern of the dress with the edgy studded rock n’ roll belt. The combination of our styles gives a nice balance to the look. My preferred style is more boyish and edgy whereas Emma really likes feminine silhouettes and colours. We usually tend to find a happy medium somewhere in-between. What do you guys think? Do you like the dichotomy of the look?


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Coat: Jean Machine (Guess) - $200, Dress: Zara - $40, Belt: Dynamite - $3, Boots: ASOS - $36, Scarf: Gift, Earrings: Stella & Dot - $40, Gloves: Vintage - Mom's.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown

No comments: