Thursday, 24 January 2013

Snow Bunny


Today I am showcasing these winter boots which happen to be my most worn footwear during the winter season. I actually bought these boots almost 3 years ago and they are still in pretty good condition. I find the fur lining inside keeps my feet incredibly warm which is essential for days like today when it’s -25°C outside.


The only negative thing I will say about these boots is that the faux suede fabric makes them quite difficult to keep clean especially when you are walking through heaps of snow. I was becoming so careful and anxious about not ruining them that I stopped wearing them to maintain their condition. A little senseless right?


So when these boots went on sale, I picked up another pair for half the price. I figured if I had a back up kicking around in my closet, I wouldn’t be as worried wearing out the first pair.


At the time I thought I was being really clever, but now that I think of it, I’m not sure I made the smartest decision. I really love these boots now, but what about another couple years from now? Will I still feel the same way? 


As I get older my taste changes and I can’t really predict what items in my closet I am going to still feel strongly about so why not wear them whilst I love them? 


If I ever do wear these bad boys out I will likely find something new on the market that is just as good or even better. I’d love to hear about your experiences and what duplicate items are in your closet.


Thanks for following and happy shopping!

Sweater Dress: London - $90, Belt: French Connection - $10, Tights: Mom's - Vintage, Sweater: Mendocino - $45, Jacket: Zara - $110, Boots: Locale - $45, Earmuffs: Club Monaco - Gift, Gloves: Mom's - Vintage.

Photo Credit: Emma Kapetanovic
Location: Hometown


3 comments:

Lotte Ilands said...

I really like the sweaterdress in combination with that belt !!

http://wallflowermagic.blogspot.be/ check me out ;)

Mark Bullock said...

Love the pictures. And those boots are sweet! I can see why you didn't want them to get wet!

Charlotte said...

Lovely belt!
http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com