Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Canadian Drugstore Make-up Price Comparison

So as everyone knows, Target has been open in Canada for a couple of months now and I was curious to see how their prices compared to other drugstores in the area. Often I find myself wondering if I'm really getting the best price for a brand but am too lazy to price check. I'm sure there are many of you, like me, who just want to walk into a store and feel somewhat comfortable you are getting the best deal possible.

So for a Saturday afternoon project, I decided to investigate by visiting four well-known Canadian drugstores: Walmart, Target, Shoppers Drug Mart and Superstore. The make-up products I chose were ones that I thought would be well-known brands that would be offered at any of these locations. All of the prices bellow are original prices therefore, you could definitely pick up these products at a cheaper price if you happen to walk-in during a sale. Red arrows indicate the lowest price and blue arrows indicate prices that are only 1-3 cents higher. Here are the findings:










After comparing eight common drugstore make-up products, the results showed that Walmart consistently had the lowest price while Shoppers Drug Mart had the highest price (no surprise there). However, what I found interesting was that for many of the products, Target's prices came very close to Walmart's, often only higher by 1-3 cents (boxed in blue). In total, Target's total price of all products listed was only higher by $2.5. Not too shabby Target! Superstore's total price was almost $10 higher than Walmart's prices where most products on average were priced $1 to $3 more than Walmart's with a couple of exceptions. So the moral of the story? If you want to feel good about getting the best price for drugstore make-up, I would recommend heading to Walmart or Target.

Thanks for following and happy shopping!


3 comments:

A N D Y S T Y L E said...

hey,this is a great post,love makeup so this is really nice!! ;)

Signe Savant said...

This is good to know! I actually don't really like buying makeup, so when I do, I buy the least expensive stuff I can find! This is great to keep in mind! I came across your blog and am your newest follower. I would love if you’d visit me at : the daily savant : and (if you like) follow with GFC and Blog Lovin'! And if you're in need of some wardrobe inspiration, I am sponsoring a fashion challenge with Pinterest:
http://thedailysavant.blogspot.com/2013/04/snag-that-style-challenge.html

: signe
thedailysavant.blogspot.com

Priya Sharma said...

Hi,

Really very nice post, because i love makeup....:)

if you want to know Canadin makeup products the visit at here... http://hautcosmetics.ca