It's that time of the year again! Time to start brainstorming those gift ideas to put you in good standing for 2014 with the lad(y/ies) in your life. Luckily, we've done most of the brainstorming for you. If your beauty guru loves everything beauty related she will likely have all (plus more) of the generic tools like hair straighteners, blow dryers etc. So we suggest getting her something she doesn't already own but that will change her makeup/beauty routine for the better. Here are five essential beauty tools and accessories that we cannot live without:
1. Conair BE151T Double-Sided Illuminated Oval Mirror ($28) - This is a necessary investment if you want to maintain those perfect eyebrows or keep tabs on those nasty blemishes. The double-sided illuminated mirror can rotate 360 degrees and has a 7x magnified mirror on one side.
2. Jane Iredale Metal Palette ($49) - In-between seasons, you will usually find yourself in-between foundation colours as well. Instead of using the back of your hand to mix the perfect shade for your changing complexion, using this palette is a more practical and hygenic way to go, with the added bonus of making you feel like an artist during your morning makeup routine.
3. WAWO 5 X 2 Way Marbleizing Dotting Pen Set ($1.5) - If the beauty guru in your life constantly changes the colour of her manicured nails, there is a very good chance that she is going to love these tools. These dotting pens come in 10 different sizes that will allow her to create nail art in the comfort of her own home.
4. Baggallini Curling Iron Cover ($16) - For most of us, styling our hair is the very last thing we do before jetting out of the house and more often than not we are running late! Therefore, waiting until the curling iron cools down before leaving isn't really preferable. This cover, made from heat resistant fabric, allows you to pack hair tools while they are still hot! It's also insulated to keep the heat on the inside while remaining cool on the outside so throwing it in your luggage before you catch that flight is no biggie.
5. SEPHORA Bulls Eye Lash Applicator ($14) - There are those moments where we want to feel a little extra glamorous. For those beauty gurus that like to wear false eyelashes once in a while or on the regular, I would recommend investing in this tool to help apply those falsies with precision while reducing the chance of contaminating the sensitive eye area with your fingers.
There are more gift ideas to come so stay tuned for some helpful tips and tricks during this holiday season!
Photo Credit: Amazon and Sephora