T-2 days until Black Friday and T-4 days until Cyber Monday. If I could, I would insert the theme song from Rocky "Eye of the Tiger" to emphasize how much I have prepared for these events. Come midnight tomorrow, it...is...on...like donkey kong! I've got my wish list, I've done my research, I've got a strategy and I've got my shopping buddies in tow. Good luck to all that are battling in the trenches!
Have no fear, I have more gift ideas for the the beauty guru in your life. No need to thank me, I do it out of the kindness of my own heart...and of course, for my boyfriend who is reading this *cough cough* Click here for Volume 1.
6. Tangle Teezer Original ($16) - This ergonomic brush will detangle wet and dry hair painlessly. I also love that it's so compact, making it the perfect throw and go for your purse!
7. ColorTrak Croc Clips ($11) - You will use these clips more often than you think. Whether it is when you are washing your face, applying your makeup or straightening your hair, these clips will help a beauty girl get ready a lot faster.
8. Colortrak High Heat-resistant Station Mat ($9) - Does everyone have a burn mark on the bathroom counter from accidentally leaving the curling iron on it for too long? Yep, you aren't alone. This station mat will protect your counters and allow you to curl your hair anywhere in your house! Because...let's face it, sitting on the carpet in front of the t.v. is pretty much where we all want to be.
9. Beauty Blender ($26) - Don't be fooled by other brands that claim to duplicate the results. This is probably one of the very few times where I will recommend going with the real deal. This non-disposable sponge will allow you to put your foundation and concealer on flawlessly.
10. 360 Electrical 36053 Power Curve Mobile Surge Protector ($14.5) - You are probably quite familiar with the bulky ends of your hair tools covering half of your sockets. This tool will allow you to orient your plugs so that you can charge more than just your hair straightener - the USB socket will allow you to charge your phone and laptop at the same time.GENIUS!
Any of these tools and accessories will make the woman in your life more than happy come Christmas time.
Winter is finally here so I packed away my fall jackets and brought out my winter ones from storage (also known as the space under my bed). I love dressing in monochromatics, but to keep things interesting, I tend to add a little sparkle to liven things up.
I spent the weekend in the Chicago area which unfortunately meant I was there during the tornado and flood flash on Sunday. I stayed inside for most of the day watching the streets fill with rain and people run to shelter. After the storm ended, the sun came out for a brief moment and the most beautiful rainbow appeared! I used this opportunity to snap a couple of pics because that's what insane fashion obsessed bloggers do. The city was incredibly windy (as evident of my hair) which made it difficult to stay in one spot during this shoot but made for some really cool action shots. Luckily I was able to catch a flight out of Chicago last night so I'm back in Toronto safe and sound. I hope you had a great weekend!
Thanks for following and happy shopping!
Jacket: ASOS - $40, Blouse: Joe Fresh - $15, Skirt: Mom's - Vintage, Earrings: Kenneth Jay Lane - $100, Clutch: BCBG - $20, Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters - $10, Heels: Nine West - $20, Ring: Swatch - Gift available here, Tights: Old.
Whenever I get ready, my main objective is to be as comfortable as possible whilst still looking stylish. This is my go-to outfit whether it is attending a lecture, running some errands or taking a walk in the countryside.
It's that time of the year again! Time to start brainstorming those gift ideas to put you in good standing for 2014 with the lad(y/ies) in your life. Luckily, we've done most of the brainstorming for you. If your beauty guru loves everything beauty related she will likely have all (plus more) of the generic tools like hair straighteners, blow dryers etc. So we suggest getting her something she doesn't already own but that will change her makeup/beauty routine for the better. Here are five essential beauty tools and accessories that we cannot live without:
1. Conair BE151T Double-Sided Illuminated Oval Mirror($28) - This is a necessary investment if you want to maintain those perfect eyebrows or keep tabs on those nasty blemishes. The double-sided illuminated mirror can rotate 360 degrees and has a 7x magnified mirror on one side.
2. Jane Iredale Metal Palette ($49) - In-between seasons, you will usually find yourself in-between foundation colours as well. Instead of using the back of your hand to mix the perfect shade for your changing complexion, using this palette is a more practical and hygenic way to go, with the added bonus of making you feel like an artist during your morning makeup routine.
3. WAWO 5 X 2 Way Marbleizing Dotting Pen Set ($1.5) - If the beauty guru in your life constantly changes the colour of her manicured nails, there is a very good chance that she is going to love these tools. These dotting pens come in 10 different sizes that will allow her to create nail art in the comfort of her own home.
4. Baggallini Curling Iron Cover ($16) - For most of us, styling our hair is the very last thing we do before jetting out of the house and more often than not we are running late! Therefore, waiting until the curling iron cools down before leaving isn't really preferable. This cover, made from heat resistant fabric, allows you to pack hair tools while they are still hot! It's also insulated to keep the heat on the inside while remaining cool on the outside so throwing it in your luggage before you catch that flight is no biggie.
5. SEPHORA Bulls Eye Lash Applicator ($14) - There are those moments where we want to feel a little extra glamorous. For those beauty gurus that like to wear false eyelashes once in a while or on the regular, I would recommend investing in this tool to help apply those falsies with precision while reducing the chance of contaminating the sensitive eye area with your fingers.
There are more gift ideas to come so stay tuned for some helpful tips and tricks during this holiday season!
I haven't been horseback riding since I was a teen, but I love to dress as if I'm heading to the stables. This horse bracelet is the perfect compliment to my equestrian style. Although I should mention that recently I was asked if the bracelet was a mockingjay from the Hunger Games...I like that better so I'm going to tell people that in the future.
If you have been following my blog for a while, you know that statement jewellery is my vice - it is greatest risk to the depletion of my savings account. So unfortunately/fortunately (still a toss up), J.Crew Factory is currently having a 50% sale off all women's jewelry. Hurry up, this deal ends in 3 days!
My last chance to wear a dress before the snow starts to fall. The temperature has dropped below zero and before you know it, the holidays will be here. I find that studying for exams and writing essays are always a little more tolerable with Christmas music, blinking holiday lights and a red Starbucks cup.